2005/08/10

National Day Parade

NDP
-
This is the last post of the blog.
And probably I should have post earlier, but its the 1 year anniversay.
And with this 1 year anniversary,
this blog is gonna come to an end.
Having post today, just after NDP
[with a big relief off my back]
It also signifies the end of my era, part of my own history.
Its probably good because, having been in the team of mobile collumn,
it only appears every 5 years.
so the next time round you guys wanna see army and home team vehicles,
you have to wait for another 5 years for the drive pass. And more so
important is because, national stadium gonna revamp.
-
In short, I came the correct way and did Mobile Collumn 2005 being
the 5th drive pass in Singapore History.
-
-
Aug 09 2005
-
yesterday was a completely different event. Having been in my CO's Landrover,
we drove pass to the estate routes, waving to all the passerbys of all age,
race. The unexpected teens [ mostly guys] wave back to us and it was
totally spectacular..I didn't think everyone would go all Ga-Ga
over the Mobile Column. And when we stopped, lots of people ask for our
drive-pass routes. Lots of uncle and aunties came rushing down the
estates waving and snapping photos of us.
It was a 1 in a life time event.
I'm glad I was part of this important team, delievering the army and home
teams' vehicles to the residence.
For a second, I actually felt like a star yesterday, lots of cheering and
screaming from the crowds along the roads....not the usual Singapore
I know. Most of whom I believe won't even give you a glance on a normal day.
And yet, our National Day change all that. Even when we were travelling
towards Jurong, the SCDF guys form a straight line outside their fire house
cheering us on.
-
If only our country remain that friendly everyday, every second.
-
-
Thanks for all who watch this space.
=]
Its fun blogging for one year.
Hopefully in the far future,
I'll blog again.
-
-
-
Cheers to all.

No comments: