2004/09/26

Army Half Mara-TORN

AHM
Ok, to those that do not know what is AHM,
it simply means army half marathoooon.
How it originated? i have no idea, I didn't borther to find out, sry folks.
Its just an annual event that forces lots of us to go through some pain for
a couple of hours. But indeed, waking up at 2a.m this morning to get prepared,
the bus back at camp took off and reached padang at 4a.m.
Soon, I closed my eyes and doze off on the field. It took me a couple
of shake off the head and the competitive runners had started.
I didn't even hear the horn..thats how tired i was....
and we all gather for a warm up on the field,
and surprisingly we were the only one doing warmup.
5.45a.m.
We headed for the startline, and i was way back.
The scene was shocking,
I'm indeed overwhelm, it feels like you are in Lords of the Rings..
the war scene in AragoN..lolz...I didn't imagine
there were so many peeps...and due to the fact its still early morn,
it was like semi pitch dark with a subtle force and heat wave in air,
the back ground music and voices of the djs rattle off while the horn blows.
IT WAS DRAMATIC, VERY.
the huge crowd was amazing and,
though i dun like to run, I'm glad that i was there today.
Before i know it, i was there at the end point with a 2hour24min
timing chasing all the way from the back....
I'm glad i finish it....[ i think i will walk next year]
lolz, that is if i'm still in...haiz...
I'm still aching....all over the knee...I can't imagine those running
full marathon.....they are just crasy.
-
MOON CAKE FESTIVE
-
yes yes, yesterday and today were the pre-celebrations of the event.
During sec days, we use to go around burning the candles..
and all the other rubbish..and yishun park would always catch fire...
no more, thats the price of aging.
Nobody hav the time for such things anymore, as we grow old,
we forget,
and barely care.
The spirit of gathering for such events no longer exist,
no longer in us.
we only care about...probably
CHEE CHEE GURLz....oh yeah.. =]
and before i forget also,
HAPPY 20tH bIrthday KENNEATH !!
ONE more YEAR TO ADULTHOOD....
Try NOT TO GROW UP... =]

No comments: